There will be 8 visitors @ RULA II this weekend!
Friday 2 August – Sunday 4 August
- Benjamin Geyer, Berlin, Germany + Chiara, Italy
Saturday 3 August – Monday 5 August
- Alejandro Arteaga, San Jose, CA + Chris, Germany
- Saturday is Maria’s 25th birthday!!!… will there be a party???
- Bejamin is a musician… will he play something for us???
- I have 3 air mattresses: 2 singles, and 1 double, and 1 couch. Hopefully some of you will have foam pads or something!
- I have 7 pillows, just 1 short.
- I don’t have tons of blankets, but I have afghans and other bits that will probably work. With the weather lately, you won’t want very much.
- Anything else?
- Car (I think you’re all driving cars, yes?)
- Metro – busses right at the corner, or a 20 minute walk down to the Gold Line Metro Rail station.
You can park in the driveway. Be sure to park over to the right, or over to the left, so a second car can park next to you. If there are already 2 cars in the driveway, ask me for a permit to park in the street – it’s super important to give the permit back so I don’t have to pay $30 plus get yelled at by the Monterey Park Police Department!
There is a full kitchen. Refrigerator, stove, microwave, etc. And it’s also sorta ant infested! If you could try to keep everything that’s not sealed in the refrigerator, that’d help a lot. And wash dishes ASAP. Or just use paper plates, I’ve got lots.
There’s a small pool in the backyard. Use it any time. Even though it’s shallow, for safety, be sure at least one other person is out there with you!
Monterey Park is the most Chinese city in America! You might as well have some dim sum!
- Elite Restaurant, 0.5 miles
- Dim Sum World, 0.6 miles
- NBC Seafood, 0.9 miles
- Ralph’s Groceries, 0.8 miles, 2230 S Atlantic Blvd, Monterey Park, CA 91754
- Target, 2.1 miles, 5600 Whittier Blvd, Commerce, CA 90022
- Walmart, 3.1 miles, 1827 Walnut Grove Ave, Rosemead, CA 91770
Cool things to see & do
I’m sure you already have a list! But ask me if I can help!
What other info can you use? LMK!